This year, we’re proudly partnering with Twenty10 again to support the LGBTQIA+ community. $2AUD from each pair of our new Pride Brief and Pride Longline Short sold will be donated to help young people of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities. So, we thought we’d tell you a little more about the great work the folks at Twenty10 do.
What is Twenty10?
Twenty10 offers a broad range of support programs for LGBTQIA+ young people, and people of all ages. In 2022 their organisation turned 40, founded by volunteers in Darlinghurst, Australia as homeless crisis refuge, and is now Australia’s largest and longest running LGBTQIA+ youth housing organisation.
How do they help?
Twenty 10 offers support through face-to-face and online services. Their versatile days include the below:
- Supporting their transitional housing clients with case management and a broad range of other supports
- Providing psycho-social support spaces in Inner Sydney, Western Sydney and in telehealth spaces
- Some of the groups are therapeutic, others are personal and professional development, creative development and event-based activities such as annual art exhibition Show Ponies or Mardi Gras participation
- Providing information and referrals through their intake line – which can vary greatly from young people directly or their families and carers; other support services; schools and specialist workers
- Provide free, unlimited counselling to young LGBTQIA+ people
- Provide brokerage and practical supports such as food hampers; vouchers; goods and other essentials
- Deliver training to a wide range of clients including educational spaces; health and mental health services; schools; corporate environments and Government at each level – and more
- Sit on advisory groups and advocate for our communities through advice; subject matter expertise or public policies and submissions
- Participate in academic research projects to grow the evidence and data that assist our communities
- Deliver NSW bases services for QLife – Australia’s National, free anonymous peer support phone and message service.
Explore our Campaign Hub for more advice, articles and support in partnership with Twenty10. Or shop the All Gender Collection here.